Our Client is a new brand of hotels and resorts, offering guests simple elegance, refined design, discreet and attentive service, in places of unique beauty and cultural interest.
- This role will be working as the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Responsible for revenue growth financial profitability in line with budgets set by the hotel leadership team.
- Direct and manage an assigned market segment, representing the company in Vietnam
- Maintain a portfolio of clients, put plans in place to drive revenue to achieve targets and profitability goals for the hotel.
- Interact with clients, direct solicitation efforts, secure businesses, prepare & present statistical analysis together with performance reports.
- Support the ADOSM in managing all financial aspects of the sales operation.
- Understand the dynamics of the local and key emitting markets, demand generators and sales channels – is able to determine and implement appropriate actions for each business unit/segment.
- Stay updated on market trends, competitor activities and client feedback in order to adjust tactics and strategies as well as to give advice and support to the General Manager and Area Director of Sales & Marketing
- Prepare the strategic sales and business plans, monthly reporting needs, annual targets, marketing plans budgets & business forecasting requirements in conjunction with Vietnam Sales & Marketing Team
- Actively participate in community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote the positive image of the hotel.
- Represent the hotel as needed on overseas sales trips.
- Work closely with Vietnam Sales & Marketing team to ensure appropriate decisions are made and brand/Hotel values are developed to correctly position the hotel and to drive incremental revenue.
- Identify and target clients from existing customer base and general contact base for assigned segment.
- Prepare monthly Sales Reports reflecting consolidated information from the Sales team activities, market intelligence and adjustments to the sales & marketing plan.
- Investigate/follow-up on all major Sales Leads maintaining an effective trace system to convert potential business and lapsed business.
- Explore opportunities for joint ventures with domestic industry partners that produce viable Sales revenue.
- Assist in the development of marketing material for use in the securing and implementing of all business in conjunction with the Cluster Marketing Manager.
- Devise and implement a sales call plan programme with regular follow up on effectiveness and plan when appropriate to respond to market/business needs.
- Develop and implement an information flow system that ensures the Sales, Events & Revenue & Reservations team are informed of hotel promotions/initiatives and vice versa.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration
- Five or more years of experience in a senior hospitality sales and marketing role for an internationally-recognized hotel brand/airline, with demonstrated success
- Experience working with Trade Partners across business segments in Hanoi highly desirable.
- A driven self-starter, willing to learn and take on additional responsibility
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment with indirect reporting lines – strong alignment needed with corporate office
- Influences stakeholders with data-driven arguments rather than “lead by title”
- Shows strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experienced in developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment whilst working to exacting standards
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Vietnamese Language.
- Must be fluent in English
- Accident Insurance 24/24.
- Social, Unemployment and Medical Insurance as prescribed by Vietnamese law
- Salary: a competitive package will be offered to the right candidate