The CompanyOur client is a leading upscale resort owner, developer and operator of a number of highly acclaimed and multiple award-winning resorts and spas throughout the region. To date, they manage and/or has ownership interests in 37 resorts and hotels, 70 spas, 82 retail galleries and 3 golf courses that spread across 6 Continents and 26 Countries.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director, Sales & Marketing and adhering to policies and procedures as meted out by the designated hotels and company, the incumbent herein directs all aspects of sales activities related to the travel trade with the objective of achieving RevPAR-oriented goals consistently. Such activities including but not limited to sales and marketing planning, promotional strategies and tactics, and overall
accountability for the day-to-day effectiveness of positions supervised. Responsibilities also require direct and routine interaction with Director, Sales & Marketing of the designated hotels.
The incumbent herein invests an average of 30% of time on leadership:
· Motivates the sales force effectively through performance-based recognition, and counsel
productively to reverse deficiencies.
· Implement good account management and servicing practices in accordance to principles.
· Coaches the sales force by way of “coaching calls”.
Invests an average of 40% of time on the selling process:
· Grows an active database of accounts with comprehensive profiles in coordination with the hotels, sales force, and the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team.
· Develops working relationships with Regional Marketing Offices and General Sales Agencies to solicit business opportunities.
· Ensures seamless conferences and events from acquisition to delivery through the sales force and events teams.
· Understands the dynamics of competing hotels, assigned or otherwise, to optimize positive and reverse negative impacts on our business strategies.
· Understands the total revenue impact of accounts on the hotels for better negotiation and yielding opportunities, and reviews business activities and its results to ensure goals are on pace.
· Conducts familiarization trips and site-inspections proficiently.
· Cross-sells all BTHR brands globally where possible.
· Attends trade shows in related markets and overseas sales trips.
· Provides professional advisory to the assistant director of sales, managers and coordinators.
an average of 10% of time on researching designated markets by:
· Directs the coordination of ongoing research of the travel industry local, regional, and international markets to detect market trends and uncertainties, and related information for development of new marketing strategies.
· Providing professional advisory to the Area Director, Sales & Marketing.
Invests an average of 20% of time on revenue and strategy with the head of revenue management of the designated area of sales:
· Co-produces the hotels’ sales and marketing plans effectively.
· Co-produces, articulates, and implements competitive pricing and selling strategies and tactics successfully in coordination with revenue management, marketing communications, and the sales force.
· Reviews selling, convention, and city event calendars to keep abreast of all demand generators. Ensuring that each property under the purview of the incumbent utilizes all necessary demand information when planning strategies.
On a quarterly basis, completes the sales and marketing audit.
· A Levels/ Diploma/ Higher Diploma/ University Education
· 1.5 to 2 years’ experience in similar capacity - you must have experience in the Maldivian / Indian Ocean market
· Possesses hotel sales, marketing, and/or revenue management experience
· Possesses leadership experience of a department
· Possesses a track record of active commercial or leisure accounts that may be relevant to the hotel’s key feeder markets/market segments.
· Possesses intermediate to advance levels of analytical skills and the ability to articulate the business
· Possesses an intermediate level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Possesses professional grooming