Our client is a well established holding company based in Indonesia with a diverse range of investments in the country and is renowned for its innovation, integrity and dependability. Well steeped in luxury, our client owns and manages one of the most recognizable and fast expanding luxury brands in the region.
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Rooms department. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the quality of property's rooms.
Position work with direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
This position ensures Rooms operations meet the brands standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brands target customer and employees and provides a return on investment to the owner and company.
Leading Rooms Team
- Champions the brands service vision for product and service delivery.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Monitors and promotes room rates, specials, and promotions at the residence.
- Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
- Works with Rooms team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brands business strategy and leads its execution.
- Reviews and audits expenses.
Managing Revenue Goals
- Monitors Rooms operations sales performance against budget.
- Reviews reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
- Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy and rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brands target customer.
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Rooms (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an open door policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- A degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
- 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- You must come with prior luxury experience
- A strong leader and motivator
- Able to work under tight datelines and stress