Our client is a market leader in the retail beauty industry. Theybring the most prestigious and popular brands, together with their customers. Theirunique concept store experiences and sophisticated marketing includes in-store events and loyalty programs.
As a member of our senior management, he or she will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and presentation skills. The Director of Operations and Administration will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on company operations, helping us to analyse, strategize, and grow our company. The Director of Operations may supervise high-level managers while reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Acts as a strategic partner on the leadership team and works closely with the team to ensure they are meeting performance expectations
Scope of Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Provides advice and guidance to other employees
- Work autonomously while ensuring CEO expectations are readily met and exceeded.
- Defining, implementing and revising operational policies and guidelines for the organization
- Working with the human resources department to create job descriptions, hire competent personnel and oversee employee training programs
- Liaising with departmental heads to develop financial plans and ensure company-wide compliance
- Developing and implementing human resources policies and Supporting strategic objectives
- Completing performance reviews in a prudent manner
- Delegating responsibilities to ensure staff members grow as capable participants
- Employing various initiatives to coach employees to optimize their capabilities.
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- Work closely with colleagues on cross-territory opportunities and other internal teams on marketing materials and cause studies
- Driving the company’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction, retention and company goals
- Overseeing marketing initiatives and implementing better business practices.
- Spearheading strategies to steer the company’s future in a positive direction.
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Ensuring daily operations run smoothly and as efficiently as possible
- Controlling company costs and introducing tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
- Monitoring invoices, money handling procedures, accounting and bank processes.
- Preparing timely and accurate financial performance reports.
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Prior experience in retail preferred but not essential
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- 8+ years’ experience in executive leadership positions managing multiple responsibilities
- Good communication skills, motivated and enthusiastic individual with the ability to work on his/her own as well as part of a team
- Superior knowledge of industry regulations and operational guidelines
- Demonstrated success innovating solutions to increase productivity and profitability.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Experience is establishing departments
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.