The CompanyInspired by technology and design, our client is an international leader in the affordable luxury market. Located in major cities throughout the world, our client is fast expanding.
The RoleThe Director, Hotel Openings and Transitions - is the Head for the Hotel Openings and Transitions Team as well as a key member of the organization.
The Director will lead the overall sustainability and success of the Hotel Openings and Transitions Team, including financial success, partnering with hotel leaderships and regional stakeholders.
The Director, Hotel Openings and Transitions will lead overall team strategies and will be accountable for the team’s long team results.
This position will be responsible for managing hotel openings and transitions across all hotels internationally, responsibilities will include partnering with Legal, Global Asset Management, Contract Administration including the on the ground hotel teams executing the opening process.
The Director will also be responsible for long term owner relationships prior to the official kick off of the hotel opening process.
- Deploys and Manages the Hotel opening strategy aligning all key stakeholders to ensure an effective Hotel Opening or Transition.
- Consults and identifies trends, successes and areas of opportunity.
- Represents the Hotel Openings and Transitions team as a key partner on the team.
- Reacts to the changing market, hotel and team dynamics to support the team’s success and distribution of workload/assignments. Identifies trends, gaps or patterns in business process and lead strategies to improve product quality, service delivery and financial performance.
- Supports long term team and department goals and strategies.
- Provides recommendations and performance updates to corporate HQ
- Develops, implements and sustains various communications plans to drive awareness and support of the team.
- Monitor’s team’s performance results, financial results, and appropriate metrics to identify and manage business and financial risks.
- Communicates regularly regarding forecast and strengthen relationships and connectivity between groups/departments.
- Educates department on brand updates and discipline specific initiatives that will assist the team with their transition processes.
- Provides proactive guidance and direction, communicates next steps, and assists with organized process flow via use of effective technology for a remote team.
- Serves as escalation point of contact for properties, above property leaders, training resources and opening managers.
- Facilitates and leads department meetings, calls, webinars, training sessions, etc.
- Manages the distribution of workload and drive overall team efficiency and performance.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and rate calculation process for the transition support programs.
- Partners with Senior Leaders to drive overall department business goals and objectives.
- Leads recruiting process for open positions.
- Conduct observations of team members and deliver timely feedback to develop those team members.
- Identifies additional training opportunities and development plans to attain highest level of expertise.
- Lead problem resolution discussions with hotel and individuals to drive performance and achievement goals.
- Maintain, distribute, and update all electronic documents and websites pertaining to transitions.
- Champion transition related directives and strategies and educate all applicable stakeholders.
- Execute and communicate annual revisions of brand standards, and Quality Assurance program.
- Identify ongoing transition needs.
- Act as liaison to owners & the management company.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders assigned to process transitions
- Act as a Corporate Representative for the managed team
- Facilitate the due diligence process and coordinate with HQ, Owner Reporting, Revenue Management, and the Global Sales Organization
- Provide direction to the ownership, market and senior leadership through policy interpretation.
- Lead weekly calls with the hotel team and incoming management company to maximize communication throughout the transition.
- Coordinate the additional support teams for the transition, inclusive of Learning & Development
- Conduct evaluations of the transition process, provide feedback and recommendations.
- Oversee Critical Path and Countdown Process for all hotel openings
- Ensure Training is coordinated and resources are identified
- Conduct hotel visits to ensure hotel fully expresses the brand on opening day
- Coordinate with all key opening stakeholders during the process
- Ensure all Brand Training material is up to date and Brand information is properly represented in the critical path and countdown
- Negotiate issue resolution
- Strong Project Management skills, able to manage several projects at once.
- Strong Process Management skills.
- Possess excellent owner relationship skills.
- Possess substantial knowledge in Microsoft Office programs as well as the ability to navigate quickly through these programs to help produce results in a timely manner.
- Experience in providing a team direction and performing responsibilities via influence ability.
- Maintain a working knowledge of brand standards job descriptions and culture.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of pricing and yield management.
- Ability to lead a remote team.
- Exhibit an excellent analytical capability in operations and customer research data.
- Maintain excellent consensus-building, persuasion, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Exhibit effective public speaking and presentations skills.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Actively support the development, training and mentoring of associates.
- Manage the "quality" process in areas of guest service and associate satisfaction.
- Establish measure and monitor associate learning processes.
- Ability to manage upward, ability to lead and influence change.
- Effectively communicate to several levels of the organization.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Exhibit effective listening skills and willingness to resolve issues in a positive manner; encourage diversity of ideas.
- Demonstrate account management skills across an organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Travel 90% of the time