Our client’s team is a group of learning, technology, and hospitality experts from around the world with a passion for improving the way employees learn and develop their skills through innovative mobile and speech recognition technology. With their anywhere, anytime learning solutions, they are empowering hospitality associates worldwide to deliver the best service for their guests.
• The marketing director will be responsible for marketing, public relations, internet relations (social) and field marketing strategy for the company’s products in the hospitality industry.
• Responsible for markets throughout the Asia Pacific region (APAC).
• Responsible for the Company’s public relations function, working closely with the media and media partners.
• Responsible for the budgeting, positioning, key marketing messages, developing marketing materials, development and execution of marketing and publicity plans.
• The Director shall also be responsible for the company’s external website, creating, updating and maintaining the websites, content, look and feel, including the user experience.
• You will need to stay abreast of the hospitality industry, its buyers, influencers, industry associations as well as the general marketplace.
• The position will collaborate closely with the sales teams and the associated Commercial Directors who have additional oversight in their respective Territories.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Develop marketing strategy and lead generation plans, track progress and make adjustments for changes in the marketplace
• Develop new PR plans to meet the needs of the regional market and its competitive conditions
• Work with the regional sales teams and 3rd party Public Relations company to identify customers who will participate in the company activities such as case studies, press releases, press coverage, editorial by-lines, videos and podcasts
• Willingness to learn, capable of flourishing in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written
• Entrepreneurial with hands on approach towards business
• Local experience throughout Asia
• Management of remote teams
• Demonstrated success with/in social media
• Core KPI’s shall include qualified leads, lead scoring, demonstrable visibility with relevant buyers and influence
• Brand awareness
• The quality and depth of sales lead generation
The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
• Minimum of eight (8) or more years' experience managing marketing and public relations programs (or teams) for B2B and organisations across APAC.
o It is expected that your resume will detail progressively higher levels of responsibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or any related field from an accredited institution.
• Multi or bi-lingual in English with Chinese (Mandarin) as a prefurred 2nd language.
• Any marketing experience specific to technology in hospitality and/or travel industry would be very advantagious.
• Experience of marketing automation and/or email distribution software
• Working knowledge of web conferencing software (i.e. WebEx or Zoom)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Core market segments for the company’s offerings are hotels, but other related verticals may follow. If experience and expertise warrant it, position may expand to include our platform offering to individuals.