Our client is a well established holding company based in Indonesia with a diverse range of investments in the country and is renowned for its innovation, integrity and dependability. Well steeped in luxury, our client owns and manages one of the most recognizable and fast expanding luxury brands in the region.
This a Division Head Role with over 100 team members and will report to the GM. The Director of Loss Prevention is responsible for the development and execution of the Company’s security processes with focus on the protection and security of the Company’s employees, property and assets.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develops appropriate security procedures and ensures that all security procedures are documented understood, implemented and maintained. Oversees or conducts training and communications programs for all security personnel and employees. Conducts periodic inspections and takes appropriate actions as required.
- Identifies and analyzes asset protection risks to effectively develop, recommend and implement comprehensive countermeasures designed to eliminate or minimize losses.
- Reviews, recommends, implements and oversees all policies and procedures relating to the internal and external integrity of the company’s security systems.
- Ensures the effective operation and maintenance of the company’s security equipment and devices, stays aware of new developments in the field of protective devices, alarm systems, etc.Evaluates equipment and systems in terms of the company’s present and future needs.Negotiates purchase and maintenance contracts related to security equipment. Must maintain a hands-on proficiency of all systems.
- Supervises the quality and quantity of work performed by personnel assigned to security while promoting effective interpersonal relationships, coaching, training and development. Identifies opportunities for improvement. Leadership by example is critical.
- Ensures that work schedules are prepared for personnel associated with the asset protection group and coordinates arrangements with external agencies for contracted security services when needed.
- Oversees investigations related to allegations of theft or fraud.Identifies specific fraudulent activities.Develops methods to detect and document the extent of problems and recommends action plans for dealing with highly sensitive issues. Must review investigations and identify learning opportunities for security staff and management.
- Works effectively with other personnel and groups in a manner that fosters cooperation and respect.
- Acts as liaison with local, state and federal law enforcement authorities on all matters pertaining to security and loss prevention.
- Makes recommendations for the recovery of corporate property through available legal and internal remedies.Makes recommendation on which cases should be referred for criminal prosecution when applicable.
- Oversees the coordination of security activity related to jewelry shows and special events which includes armored car shipments, security office coverage and procurement of insurance binders to provide asset protection in the event of a loss.
- Assures coordination of internal and external resources during emergencies or operational irregularities to assure the protection of people and property.
- Understands and supports the Continuous Improvement philosophy by ensuring it’s maintained and practiced in all areas of security and loss prevention.
- Supports special projects as needed.
- Creates and maintains (and stays within) department budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in a related field
- A minimum of 10 years in a management role, including a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Security/Loss Prevention at a Director Level or above
- Experience with high-end/high-value product is a plus
- Experience managing teams with hands-on leadership approach
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible and adaptable, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to influence and negotiate successfully
- Operate with a high degree of customer focus
- Must have experience in process flows and project planning
- Must have excellent organizational, follow-up, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to work independently when needed
- Must possess excellent teamwork skills, collaborative approach with peers and team members
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office products