Our client isone of the world's largest and most dynamic hotel groups with multiple distinctive brands and more than 1,600 hotels in operation and under development worldwide.
This role will report into the Managing Director - Indochina based in Singapore.
To achieve Thailand’s revenue and growth objectives by identifying and negotiating contracts which meet the established standards of the respective brands.
To support the activities of the Business Unit Thailand, and indirectly APAC’s development team, in the achievement of their goals by providing financial analysis of development projects and preparing financial models and various other development documents for prospective hotels.
Government Tourism Bodies
INDICATORS OF SUCCESS
Achievement of goals for number of new hotels signed
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies, negotiates, and closes hotel contracts which meet the established standards for the respective hotel brands
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategies for acquiring management/franchise contracts for the region that are aligned with the organization’s strategic direction
- Generates leads through contacts with developers, lending institutions, independent hotel operators, hotel brokers, hotel consultants and Government tourism bodies.
- Determines interest by contacting leads, sending development packets
- Presents the group’s capabilities to prospective owners, developers, and investors by making on-site visits to the client and by hosting visits to the Business Unit Thailand’s Office.
- Gathers and analyses prescribed data to qualify prospective projects and presenting recommendations to development committee
- Creates high level strategy documents for the development department
Ensures that potential agreements meet the Group’s Asia Pacific’s standards and requirements by evaluating opportunities and making appropriate recommendations
- Secures information on financial capabilities and limitations of owners/developers
- Qualifies properties based on potential financial return, quality of operations and location
- Obtains current feasibility study for prospective hotels, when available
- Conducts preliminary on-site evaluation
- Ensures all standards and legal compliance are met by working with Asia Pacific’s Legal and Finance departments
- Keeps current with industry trends by representing the group at industry events; promotes the group and enhances public recognition of the company and its brands by projecting a favourable image
- Vision, concept planning and storyboarding – draft and final presentation
- Provides advice and recommendations on regional business direction
- Development, communication and monitoring of strategic objectives
- Assists in the preparation of Development team presentation (PowerPoint decks, brand collateral) materials for major investor conferences, internal meetings and owner presentations.
- Go to market strategy and competitor strategy monitoring
- Field, industry, and competitor research / benchmarking
- Monitoring and critique of existing strategy
Regional ad-hoc projects related to Development strategy across multiple departments
Assures clarity of communications, employing reflective listening skills and facilitating the generation of options and action planning
Demonstrates ability to maximize impact, maintain interest, and establish rapport with the audience when conveying information.
Understands the features, functions and positioning of his/her product or service and is capable of closing business with customers by helping them recognize the value Radisson Hotel Group brings to the enterprise.
Uses analysis technology, methods, processes, and examine financial data to evaluate financial position and clearly communicate expectations and actions to maximize the organization’s financial performance.
Utilizes a variety of resources to complete a research assignment and be able to summarize and present your findings
Position Specific Knowledge and Skills:
Hotel development experience
Analytical and financial management skills
Must demonstrate excellent knowledge of spreadsheets and knowledge of databases