The CompanyOur client is a internationally recognized brand fast expanding in the region.
The Director of Development performs a central, critical role in identifying, generating and structuring deals for Malaysia. Closing on opportunities for new hotels, and building win-win relationships with new and existing hotel owners and franchisees.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Maintain and develop a strong network of contacts in the local hotel and real estate investment sector in Malaysia.
- Identify, initiate, and assess potential owners, investors, developers and branding opportunities.
- Review and analyze potential hotel conversions and new build opportunities
- Develop the appropriate business relationship with potential owners, capital providers and partners, in order to build loyalty and preference for our company and brands.
- Coordinate all aspects of the development process, including presentations, site inspections, market feasibility studies and projections, valuations, legal contract negotiations and presenting the opportunity for approval
- Lead negotiations of management agreements and franchise or other agreements with owner/owner's representatives. Ensure that agreement terms and conditions are acceptable to senior management.
- Performs other duties as appropriate related to enhancing the brand growth in Malaysia
- Minimum of five years of business experience with two or more years of real estate development, financial or hotel industry experience.
- Experience with franchised and lease hotel transactions
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Excellent inter-personal skills and capability of both building lasting relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively understand hotel transactions (both franchised and managed); handle multiple projects on short timetables
- Enthusiastic, energetic, proactive outlook and approach to professional life is essential.
- An ability to work independently.
- Mature, professional demeanor, capable of expressing confident, independent judgment.
- University degree in Real Estate, Hotel Administration or Business Administration (advanced degree preferred but not essential).