Our client is an exclusive group of independent hotels. They bring together a handpicked portfolio of 450 properties in 250 destinations and 65 countries across the world. They know that, as a seasoned world traveller, you demand a truly authentic experience. That is why each of their hotels reflects the character of the locals and a truly individual stay.
The Digital Sales Key Account Manager is the main point of contact for their assigned client hotel accounts within our global organization. The manager works primarily as an internal sales/business developer selling digital travel marketing products and services to existing member hotels in close cooperation with the account team that includes a strategy and planning executive, regional directors of hotel performance and optimization, and a partner-powered marketing services team. Their role extends beyond selling into the execution of educational initiatives performed remotely and in person, with both internal stakeholders and member hotels. Our goal for this role is to be a partner, teacher, evangelist and true extension of the marketing services team. The ideal candidate will have great project management skills and the ability to multitask. The Digital Sales Key Account Manager will be responsible for effectively communicating with their clients to share campaign results as well as recommendations and strategic optimizations. The position requires a strong working knowledge of all digital marketing channels and the ability to work well under tight deadlines, as well as the expertise and ‘thought leader’ mentality to build strong relationships, increase revenues for member hotels and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across multiple global regions. They must have an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to see their accounts exceed their sales goals.
Responsible for the account management function serving as the primary point of contact for their accounts.
• Understand client needs/objectives, develop pitches, strategies and provide recommendations to improve key performance metrics and drive revenue by selling our current suite of online marketing products.
• Contact clients on a regular basis including in-depth weekly or monthly calls to prospect new/lagging hotels, review campaign performance with existing hotels, suggest additional digital marketing strategies and campaign optimizations/products to continuously improve results for currently engaged hotels.
• Maintain or improve account profitability by exceeding sales growth objectives for identified accounts.
• Develops and delivers educational webinar series based on fundamental hotel digital marketing curriculum content (sourced from HSMAI) at a velocity (minimum) of three (3) webinars per month (varied topics of interest)
• Establishes and promotes an environment of open communication, feedback, creativity, and results-oriented problem solving for member hotels. Identifies high value/high revenue potential accounts and travels when needed to prospect and/or develop new business.
• Provides consultation to member hotels and executes final agreements on purchased products/services, serving as the final liaison/gatekeeper with the finance department on these transactions.
• Negotiates business in the hotel website-architecture/creative design space and differentiates key product differences/opportunities to hotel clients to drive sales revenue (in keeping with the best strategy for the client).
• Keep current on the latest trends in the hotel marketing industry..
• BA or BS from accredited college or university.
• Experience working in the digital marketing field, preferably within the travel vertical.
• Strong working knowledge of digital marketing and advertising channels, including: Display Advertising, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media, Mobile Marketing, hotel website architecture and design, & email marketing.
• 3+ years of experience in account management or hotel marketing experience.
• Strong time management skills.
• Self-motivated, sales-goal oriented, and able to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure.
• Excellent analytical, problems solving and troubleshooting skills – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
• Avid digital prospector, with exemplary skills in seeking out new prospects online (i.e.- LinkedIn, other social business networks, etc.) and performing personal email merges at a persistent, weekly velocity, with personal messaging to prospective clients and prior experience hosting ‘luncheon’ or ‘educational seminar’ events.
• Strong overall business and people skills, including planning, presentation skills (both webinar and in person) and business acumen.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis.
• Computer MS Office Suite proficiency in Outlook, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experience with SalesForce CRM and tool set in a digital sales environment
• Google AdWords Certification or HSMAI Digital Travel Marketing Certification a plus.