About the Company
Our client is an exclusive group of independent hotels. They bring together a handpicked portfolio of 450 properties in 250 destinations and 65 countries across the world.
About the Role
• Responsible for the account management function serving as the primary point of contact for their accounts.
• Understand client needs/objectives, develop pitches, strategies and provide recommendations to improve key performance metrics and drive revenue by selling our current suite of online marketing products.
• Contact clients on a regular basis including in-depth weekly or monthly calls to prospect new/lagging hotels, review campaign performance with existing hotels, suggest additional digital marketing strategies and campaign optimizations/products to continuously improve results for currently engaged hotels.
• Maintain or improve account profitability by exceeding sales growth objectives for identified accounts.
• Develops and delivers educational webinar series based on fundamental hotel digital marketing curriculum content (sourced from HSMAI) at a velocity (minimum) of three (3) webinars per month (varied topics of interest)
• Establishes and promotes an environment of open communication, feedback, creativity, and results-oriented problem solving for member hotels. Identifies high value/high revenue potential accounts and travels when needed to prospect and/or develop new business.
• Provides consultation to member hotels and executes final agreements on purchased products/services, serving as the final liaison/gatekeeper with the finance department on these transactions.
• Negotiates business in the hotel website-architecture/creative design space and differentiates key product differences/opportunities to hotel clients to drive sales revenue (in keeping with the best strategy for the client).
• Keep current on the latest trends in the hotel marketing industry.
• BA or BS from accredited college or university.
• Experience working in the digital marketing field, preferably within the travel vertical.
• Strong working knowledge of digital marketing and advertising channels, including: Display Advertising, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media, Mobile Marketing, hotel website architecture and design, & email marketing.
• 3+ years of experience in account management or hotel marketing experience.
• Strong time management skills.
• Self-motivated, sales-goal oriented, and able to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure.
• Excellent analytical, problems solving and troubleshooting skills - ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
• Avid digital prospector, with exemplary skills in seeking out new prospects online (i.e.- LinkedIn, other social business networks, etc.) and performing personal email merges at a persistent, weekly velocity, with personal messaging to prospective clients and prior experience hosting luncheon or educational seminar events.
• Strong overall business and people skills, including planning, presentation skills (both webinar and in person) and business acumen.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis.
• Computer MS Office Suite proficiency in Outlook, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experience with SalesForce CRM and tool set in a digital sales environment
• Google AdWords Certification or HSMAI Digital Travel Marketing Certification a plus