Established in 1981 our client was listed on the Singapore Exchange in January 1995. In 2011, the Group successfully diversified into the accommodation business via a reverse takeover to capture growth opportunities in this niche market. In December 2017, our client completed a dual primary listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange Limited.
This role will report to : Head of Student Accommodation (HSA)
Subordinates will include : Director, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Compliance Managers, Finance and Admin Manager, Deputy General Manager (Asia), Sales and Marketing Manager, Accommodation Managers, Hospitality Managers and Project Managers
- Assist HSA to oversee group student accommodation operations
- Responsible for the profit and loss, budget/cost control, customer relationship management, branding and public relations of these countries
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating suitable new investments and expansion opportunities for the Company
- Responsible for increasing revenue
- Responsible for all the operational and business targets aspects of the Company
- Enhance internal processes and infrastructure to support continued growth and achieve our business objectives
- Optimize resources to create maximum value for our stakeholders
- Formulate and promulgate our strategy and mission to the staff
- Achieve operational and business objectives
- Implement rewards/recognition programs and coaching/corrective practices to align staff with company goals
- Work with HSA, Managing Director, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer to identify and evaluate new business opportunities which includes:
- Maintain and build business networks and contacts within the industry
- Introduce new business partners and networks to the senior management team
- To keep abreast of the industry developments and disseminate such information to the MD and CEO promptly
- Provide industry knowledge and operational expertise to the Senior Management Team and Board of Directors
- Identify and address new business challengesPrioritize customers, employees, vendors and organizational requirements
- To support HSA to work with the CFO to provide overall financial oversight andmonitoring which includes:
- Ensure operating costs are within budgets
- Review and analyze financial reports
- Explain variance and financial data
- To support HSA to work with the HR Manager on staffing and performancemanagement issues.
- Drive performance measures for operation efficiency
- Involve in the recruitment of key management or mid management staff.
- Groom subordinates for business operative effectiveness and continuity
- Ensure HR policies are disseminated and upheld
- To assist HSA to manage the operations which includes:
- Operate and control the operational activities and ensure that they minimize anyimpact to the environment and comply with government regulations.
- Assess the environmental and legal aspects and impacts before any major operationalor process changes are made in the accommodation.
- Stop any activities within the accommodation which may or have caused criticalenvironmental and legal issues pending for investigation and correctiveaction.
- Identify resources requirement for the daily operations
- Appoint contractors and vendors and evaluate their performance
- Implement infrastructure changes and process improvements to the operations
- Plan and implement new approved projects and expansion plans which includesfacility set up, planning and organising resources
- Introduce any new technology or process that could increase labour efficiency, energysavings and pollution prevention
- Provide technical and operational consultation to other business units orsubsidiaries
- Ensure staff adherence to policies and procedures that support corporate governance
- Ensure all work instructions detailing activities are properly documented to ensure business continuity and audit.
- To assist HSA to carry out the following approval.
- Approve subordinate request matters, i.e. annual leave, overtime and medical claims
- Approve office admin request, i.e. stationery and office equipment
- Transfer or terminate staff when required
- Access to all accommodation sites
- Approve purchase requisitions
- Any other authority approved by the HSA
- Conduct performance review and recommend promotion, salary adjustment and bonus payout
- Minimum Degree in Business Management or relevant qualification
- Have leadership quality, dynamic, self-motivated, resourceful in problem solving and able to work under pressure
- Able to travel and work overseas independently
- Strong network and operational experience. Ideally at least 10 years working experience in a senior management role in the related field or industry