Our client is a is food technology company that is re-engineering the food value chain to provide consumers with the freshest and most delicious cuisines for delivery. They are fast expanding and have invested in passion, capabilities, people, technology and partnerships to deliver this promise to their consumers.
This role will report into the President of the company and will oversee all team members within the R&D section.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Strategy & Roadmap: Working with company leadership in other functions and the consumer insights team to understand food trends to lead strategy development of new menus / dishes as well as new brands across SEA & USA
- R&D Execution: Work with our supply chain partners to develop prototypes that are ready-to-scale through our kitchen network and lead product testing with target consumer segments to feedback into the product development cycle
- Supply chain development: Work closely with our supply chain partners to develop and refine quality and cost of our menus as well as kitchen efficiency and operations
- Business Development: Support our BD team in pitching our brands to restaurateurs, chefs and operators and fostering relationships with chefs and culinary teams of our restaurant partners
- Menu roll-out and operations: Support our operations and franchise support teams in training new operators, developing SOPs and innovating recipe and kitchen operations to improve kitchen customer experience, kitchen efficiency, menu quality, menu consistency and profitability
- Corporate level F&B R&D experience
- Independent leader with strategic thinking as well as ability to drive execution
- Ability to work in an agile environment while maintaining discipline in structure, such as documentation of R&D to enable transfer of knowledge
- Enjoys working in a fast paced and fast growth environment
- Creative and strong in trend development
- A strong communicator with a self driven desire to create
- Able to multitask and have experience / knowledge in multiple cuisines
- Able to work hand in hand with business development - acquisition of new clients