Our client is a global IT solutions provider that operates in 195 countries with a worldwide team of more than 11,000 people. A listed company that provides the technology which keeps the travel sector moving - from initial search to making a booking, from pricing to ticketing, from managing reservations to managing check-in and departure processes.
It is the strong commitment that they believe will enable them to continue working with their customers and partners to shape the future of travel.
Summary of the role
To represent the organisation distribution and manage all associated commercial areas in the assigned market to ensure that cluster/corporate objectives are achieved, and to also be the key interface for all other corporate functions within assigned markets.
Sales Management & Business Development
- Ensure that the necessary sales strategies and plans are developed and executed to achieve market/cluster KPIs (including bookings, share, revenue, profitability, CRM);
- Manage team to ensure full sales and account management effectiveness/efficiency by developing and/or adopting the necessary relevant sales tools, policies, programmes and activities;
- Ensure that regular reviews are undertaken to track sales team and key account performance, and take necessary action in a timely manner;
- Work with cluster counterparts to realise and optimise cluster and/or cross-border opportunities;
Commercial Management & Support
Work with cluster counterparts to develop and manage:
- Commercial policies for market (eg. incentive policies)
- Commercial/business planning and reporting activities for market (eg. BCs, reports);
- Commercial/business planning processes for market (eg. budgets, forecasts, LTP);
- Cluster and/or cross-border opportunities;
Company Market Representation
- External - Represent company (primarily Distribution) in the assigned market;
- Internal - Act as the key interface in the assigned market for all functions within the cluster matrix organisation;
- Ensure that market's commercial needs are reflected in the development/execution of all strategies and plans relating to market;
- Actively participate in all cluster and regional activities as necessary and/or required;
- Work with all cluster and regional counterparts as necessary to develop and implement relevant policies, programmes, tools and other activities/initiatives;
- University degree in Business Administration, Management or related field;
- Excellent academic results
- MBA or CFA an advantage
- Min 8 years in sales/account management with excellent track record of achievements.
- Experience in managing teams of > 10 people
- Experience in working in a highly matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Travel industry experience is optional
- Consultative approach to customer interaction is a must
- Deep working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Highest level of verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin;
- Strong management, planning, sales management and influencing skills;
- Flexibility / Reliability / Credibility;