The CompanyOur client is a Michelin star award winning contemporary Australian fine dining concept located in the hear of Singapore. They have successfully positioned itself as a leading fine dining destination in the region.
One of Singapore's award winning dining outlet is seeking an experienced hospitality accounts professional to join their team in the position of Company Accountant in a permanent capacity.
This role requires the candidate to be ‘hands on’ to ensure efficiency of the assigned responsibilities and tasks, whilst working autonomously to maintain timely and accurate records for the business. More specifically, the role is responsible for all facets of the general ledger, bringing the accounts up to trial balance and managing the businesses cashflow requirements.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
· Full responsibility for the day-to-day financial reporting and accounts management requirements of the business
· Daily cashflow management, ensuring sufficient cash levels are available
· Monthly Corporate reporting requirements, annual budgets reporting requirements, and end of financial year reporting requirements. This comprise of EOM processing of all journals, prepayments and accruals
· Bank Reconciliations
· Full responsibility of a low volume of accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Preparation and processing of purchase orders, invoices (Ensuring purchase orders match invoices). This also includes the preparation and disbursements of payments to vendors.
· Assumes responsibility for accounting issues and discrepancies
· General Ledger & Balance Sheet reconciliations
· Monthly reports on financial analysis and departmental summary, including financial operation analysis and cost analysis
· Monitor and update fixed assets register and inventory
· CAPEX submissions and disposals
· Service contracts review and administration
· Analysis and interpretation of daily and monthly results. Facilitate identification of means to control expenses so as to achieve targeted objectives
· Development of financial/accounting procedures and analysis to achieve improved efficiencies
· Monitoring compliance with internal policies and procedures
· Statutory compliance (including consolidated statutory financial statements)
· Tax compliance and lodging of taxes pertaining to income tax, GST, with-holding tax matters, etc
· Internal and external stakeholder management to build and maintain strong working relationships
· Other general accounting duties that are outlined and assigned by the Restaurant Operations Manager and Divisional representative of the company.
· Assist with annual external audits and finance projects as required
· Preparation of board reports
The ideal applicant will have a recognized university degree in accountancy, and will have completed or be studying towards a CPA/CA qualification.
· Minimum 2 years overall business and financial management experience
· Previous financial and management accounting experience in a similar role is desirable
· Hospitality, food and beverage accounting management experience is desirable
· Knowledge of food and beverage POS Maitre’D system or others is beneficial, but not essential
· Strong bookkeeping and accounting knowledge
· Experience working with and creating/manipulating complex excel spreadsheets, with strong analytical exposure
· Sound understanding of internal control requirements
· Current knowledge of accounting standards/policies and procedures
· Current knowledge of taxation law and experience with GST and tax invoice compliance
· Comprehensive and complex management reporting
· Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
· Ability to identify inefficiencies and areas of system and process improvement
· Ability to multi task and prioritise and work independently
· Accuracy and strong attention to detail
· A proactive attitude
· Excellent time management and organisational skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Client service focus with ability to build and maintain relationships