Our client’s team is a group of learning, technology, and hospitality experts from around the world with a passion for improving the way employees learn and develop their skills through innovative mobile and speech recognition technology. With their anywhere, anytime learning solutions, they are empowering hospitality associates worldwide to deliver the best service for their guests.
The Commercial Director’s primary responsibilities are expanding and securing new business; overall management of the ongoing business entity; managing business to meet or exceed budget projections; participating in the internal management of the company; you will have heavy influence on the future direction of the company.
It is expected that you are proficient in all aspects of the hospitality Industry and can demonstrate added value in a sales situation at all times. The successful candidate is expected to specialise in a specific business function related to the hospitality sector (i.e. rooms, finance, housekeeping, front desk, sales, marketing, technology etc.).
A Commercial Director is a member of the senior staff and as such is also expected to participate in senior staff meetings, actively identify and pursue new business opportunities, contribute ideas into the overall management and well-being of the company, serve as a mentor to junior staff and consistently identify and implement new ways to improve the quality of what the company does including the job satisfaction of our staff.
• Directing the sale of the company products & services in the region
• Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
• Develop sales strategies and forecast sales volumes for all products
• Establish short and long terms goals including quota assignments in line with corporate objectives
• Ensure integrity in Sales Force for reporting and forecasting purposes
• Establish compensation, training and sales incentive programs relevant to the region
• Oversee the hiring and development of a (regional) sales organization, appropriate for the company’s maturity/size
• Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
• Work closely with Marketing to develop and execute lead generation programs
• Consistently demonstrate ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise
• Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment for the entire team
• Assist in hiring new staff that ultimately prove to be excellent, long-term hires
• Take the lead on implementing at least one internal program/procedure per quarter that improves office moral and/or contributes to staff retention
• Work closely and build internal relationships across all parts of the company business, Operations, Finance, Marketing, HR and Research & Development
• Travel as and when required. It is expected to be in the 60% time range.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the company Executive Management
• 10 to 15+ years’ experience across sales and strategic business development in a similar position
• Technical and business acumen to communicate solutions based on customer requirements
• Ability to be a valued and trusted advisor
• Effective communicator and presenter that consistently aligns with senior-level management in order to positively affect the final purchase decisions
• Highly skilled in managing complex sales cycles and navigating large procurement organisations and processes
• Successful enterprise software and consultative selling capabilities at C-level
• Strong analytical skills coupled with a broad understanding of the technology used within the Hospitality industry today (future insight very helpful)
• Solid interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (English)
• Additional languages will be noted as a major plus
• BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field is required, MBA is strongly preferred or an equivalent level of experience