Our client is one of the world’s leading lifestyle hotels: vibrant, dynamic and contemporary.
With an increasing portfolio of world-class properties in major resort destinations and international cities, they go way beyond convention and into a new standard of hotel living.
Their property in Shenzhen is the latest word in Lifestyle hotels and serviced apartments.
Located in the heart of the Nanshan neighbourhood, it is ideally placed for business travellers, families and visitors while offering chic hotel rooms, smartly designed studios and spacious serviced apartments.
1) The Business Development Manager’s mission is to primarily promote the hotel and where possible, hotels belonging to the chain in your area/region. This position is accountable for managing the total sales effort within a hotel including the integrity of the customer base of key accounts /key prospects, the generation of revenue consistent with hotel objectives.
· Keeps an organized and complete record on former, existing, potential clients and a profile of each of them.
· Organizes weekly sales visits in accordance to a predetermined plan.
· Presents a summary of her/his sales visits to the General Manager on a weekly basis (Weekly Sales Plan) prior and after the week is completed.
· Records all daily sales.
· Prepares a monthly schedule to record all sales and other related activities for the preceding month.
· Records the statistics of his/her sales accounts.
· Submits production reports on his/her list of accounts on a monthly basis ( part of OMF sales reporting)
· Prepare the monthly sales report and 3 month forecast.
· Ensures that all new clients have no negative credit references.
· Keep the company's promise for the Sales Department to reply to all enquires within 24 hours
· Prepare the Long Stay Reservation form to be presented to GM for rates and conditions prior to prepare the Lease Contract .
2) The Business Development Manager is familiar with the operation and application of the hotel's computer / data processing system and Contracts.
3) Commercial responsibilities:
· Keeps himself/herself well informed about the operations especially in key departments (Front Office, Housekeeping, F&B, Banqueting etc.).
· Closely observes matters pertaining to competition and new openings.
· Promotes the hotel as often as possible through entertaining, conducting site inspections, presentations etc. of the hotel and attending Business Networking functions.
4) Sales responsibilities:
· Pays visits to former, existing and potential clients in view of entering contracts negotiation with them, especially commercial accounts and according to a sales plan presented to the General Manager.
· Achieves (a) budgeted revenues on key accounts and (b) conversion of key prospects through the preparation and execution of acting plans.
· Develop and grow Corporate business (daily and long stay) and Long Stay business following the Company’s targets & objectives and meet the budget figures
· Defines precisely guest requirements and ensures that the guest services offered corresponds effectively to their requests.
· Provides after-sales service and in particular to ensure all guests complaints are taken seriously and discussed with the respective departments if necessary.
· Receives in the hotel and introduces to the General Manager any important guests whom he/she has approached.
· Negotiates prices with the clients in line with the rate strategy placed by the General Manager
· Confirms verbal proposals in writing in a timely and professional manner
· Ensures that all complaints are shared with the Management team, reviewed, investigated and follow-up action is initiated with the Marketing& Communication Manager/General Manager.
Our client is looking for an outgoing sales driven person. A very confident person with a strong sales background in hospitality that is capable to bring new business in a short period of time. The potential business development manager needs to have the knowledge about the local market. Holder of strong negotiation skill.
· At all times he/she promotes a positive and professional image of the hotel in all forms of contact.
. Very fluent in English
· Develops & fosters professional and positive rapport with the public, guests, clients, members of the trade and management
· At all times he/she is an Ambassador with courteous and professional manners
· The Business Development Manager maintains and ensures the smooth running operation of all his/her accounts within the Commercial Section.