We are seekign an energetic and well-organized Banquet Manager for our client - an international chain hotel. This role is based in South Western Quebec (Canada).
As a Banquet Manager, you will liaise with the Banquet Sales Director and the Head Chef to meet customer expectations. Your duties will include controlling the cost and quality of services, preparing the venue, and coordinating the service of meals.
- Discussing sales contract details with the Banquet Sales Director and the Head Chef.
- Planning the venue layout according to the number of guests and the type of event.
- Determining the number of table waiters and servers required.
- Supervising the placement of tables, chairs, cutlery, plates, glasses, table linens, centerpieces, heating lamps, serving utensils, and carving stations.
- Consulting with the Head Chef regarding the timing of meal courses to be served.
- Overseeing the seating of guests, the serving of meals and beverages, and the clearing of tables.
- Managing the availability of liquor and soft drinks, when required.
- Preparing work schedules and completing documentation in a timely manner.
- Answering customers' questions and accommodating special requests.
- Accredited Certification or Diplorma in Catering, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, or similar.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality and Culinary Arts preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in banquet management, or similar.
- Proficiency in catering management software, such as Better Cater and Caterease.
- Exceptional ability to plan banquets, manage budgets, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in supervising banquet venue staff
- Ability to collaborate with Banquet Sales Directors and Head Chefs.
- Extensive knowledge of catering equipment and venue requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of hospitality industry best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.