Our client is the leading cruise liner in Asia Pacific looking for a dynamic individual to be part of the corporate team.
The position is based in Corporate Headquarter in Hong Kong and working closely with the Senior Vice President, Planning & Port Management. The position is expected to support the Senior Vice President, who spends a significant amount of time overseas in relation to infrastructure project management, commercial negotiations and overseas developing new opportunities and it requires the candidate to undertake but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Support drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts. Typical contracts could include consulting (e.g. engineering, architecture), construction and port services commercial contracts (e.g. tariff, berthing agreement etc.) in a China and/or Asia-Pacific region context;
- Support overseeing of construction development phases in China and/or the Asia-Pacific region including upland projects such as passenger terminal or maritime such as piers, etc.;
- Communicate effectively with the Senior Vice President, Planning & Port Management’s office;
- Able to work well with a wide range of individuals and companies from frontline personnel, colleagues and external consultants;
- be able to draft presentation, contract, letters for internal and external partners;
- communicate effectively and to work well with a wide range of individuals and companies from frontline personnel to senior executives to compile information; research information on target ports and cruise industry and continually update port database on tariffs, calls and pax etc. year on year;
- design and conduct complex analyses (usually excel based);
- be able to effectively balance multiple priorities; and
- be able to self-motivate and be pro-active in identifying problems and solutions;
- Self-starter with good time management skills who can take responsibility for own work and work of external consultants and/or contractor.
- Drafting of budgets for technical studies such as engineering, design or construction.
- Cost control and management of design and construction budgets i.e. Responsible to ensure that architecture, engineering and construction projects and studies are on time and on budget.
- Able to liaise with Government officials such as port authority where our businesses activities and operations are active.
- Take part in meetings with the builder and/or consultants that are arranged to review any matters that may arise concerning the construction, outfitting and commissioning of the development or new project;
- Coordinate progress meetings with team and consultants/builders and other related parties concerned with the project ensuring attendance of required people;
- Support SVP Planning & Port Management in general administrative tasks as and when required including for example but not limited to attendance to meeting, note taking and preparation of minutes when required;
- Maintain historical information and records of all construction related studies and contracts;
- Other administrative support when and as required;
- Assist in development, interpretation, and usage of financial reports and supplementary information for management planning, control, and decision-making.
- Keep track of business related activities, review the status of business plan and where necessary analyse & consolidate business performance reports.
- Ability to work with detail, while cognisant of the broader issues and well developed planning and time management skills allowing management of multiple activities/priorities
a. Degree or above in Business Administration or related disciplines from accredited college / university or equivalent relevant work experience
b. Minimum 8 years relevant experience gained in MNC with proven track record providing executive support for senior management.
c. Experience in China and/or Asia-Pacific commercial/ industrial land development is a requirement. A proven track record in complex public/private developments would be an asset.
d. Sound understanding of all aspects of Port Operations, support functions and developed information systems.
e. Strong financial discipline, business acumen and organizational capabilities.
f. Demonstrate ability to identify issues and formulate approaches to address them.
g. Highly organized and self-motivated with a dedication to excellent and efficiency improvement.
h. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
i. Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese. Proficiency in Mandarin is a must with other Asian languages a plus;
j. Flexible and willing to accept and implement changes and an ability to work across various cultures is required.
k. Proficient in MS product suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, preferred
l. Able to travel on short notice.