Job Description HeaderOur company is a leading global travel technology company and we have a an exciting opportunity for an API Optimization Engineer to join our Customer Optimization team based within our company's regional technology hubs around the globe. Reporting to the Customer Optimization Manager, this role will work alongside Search Optimization Consultants and Engineers that are engaged directly with our key customers throughout their assigned region(s).
Job Description Body
Our teams act as customer advocates and as extensions of central development teams; owning responsibility for performance of assigned customers to unlock the value of our products. Technical expertise is provided on a consultative basis to key customers in order to maximize efficiency, productivity and revenue contribution.
The API Optimization Engineer will build trusted technical relationships with customers, working hand in hand with developers to implement best practices and improvements to customer-owned application software and API-powered workflows. Consultancy is provided through all stages of the customer development cycle and where appropriate, includes development of local solutions to achieve business goals.
API Optimization Engineers represent a source of domain expertize across all API products and services, covering all aspects of searching, booking, ticketing and servicing of airline, hotel and car rental products.
- Operate in alignment with regional commercial priorities for the Customer Optimization team to ensure customer engagements align with strategic objectives, delivering business value for our company and our customers through ownership of the following activities:
- Pre-sales consultancy for API and travel agency application development.
- Post-sales tactical development, implementation and testing support for customers building API-powered booking engines and applications.
- Iterative customer optimization and ongoing business performance reviews.
- Documentation of solution gaps and product requirements for evaluation by central Product Mangement and Development teams.
- Consultancy through high priority re-contract and retention activities.
- Plan and execute regular engagement with existing key customers to maintain and enhance relationships, making proactive use of current Travelport customer data to offer technical consultancy, product and project solutions.
- Demonstrate a broad range of technical product and API knowledge to assist and guide our customers to realize maximum value from our content, products and services.
- Provide technical recommendations to customer-owned applications and workflows for maximum efficiency and best in class performance, including but not limited to 3rd party solution integration, local scripting or one-off customized solutions.
- Build technical account plans, highlighting opportunities for improvements and agreed actions and next steps to realize full potential.
- Engage with a range of internal stakeholders to deliver a consistent experience for our key customers; internal stakeholder groups include Sales & Account Management, Commercial Operations and API Support and Development teams.
- Develop high quality solutions at a local level, within the Customer Optimization team or for more large complex efforts provide technical requirements and solution context to our central Technology Delivery teams for global implementation.
- Comply with our coding standards and follow best practices that are focused on cost efficiency, error reduction and optimal productivity. Ensure that applications built by assigned customers meet or exceed these standards at all times.
- Offer the highest levels of customer service at all times to our most valued partners, supplying clear communication and flawless delivery on commitments at every step of the customer lifecycle.
- Contribute to build out of customer engagement playbooks; defining winning and repeatable processes for expedited onboarding of new wins and for successful retention of existing valued customers.
Job Description Footer
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent technical subject.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a software development environment.
· Demonstrable track record of defining, developing and deploying customer facing solutions.
· Experience with coding and integrating XML and API solutions.
· Excellent analytical skills that include end to end process and systems analysis.
· Self-motivated learner, able to attain expert product proficiency and deep technical understanding.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas and findings to internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
· Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills with a good understanding of different cultures and how to work with them to deliver results across a global organization.
· Commercially astute and able to evaluate revenue potential against operational cost.
· Experience of working with travel technology is preferred.
· Work assignments center on key customers; day to day engagement will traverse support or implementation-type functions and new product development.
· Exhibits insightful judgment, identifies and analyzes information to make decisions, deliver recommendations and solve intricate business problems.
· Required to work within a complex and continuously changing environment; be able to organize multiple concurrent tasks and manage changing priorities.
· Be able to retain a calm and logical approach to tasks within the context of a high pressure or time constrained situation.
· Expected to meet independently with key customers to meet commercial goals for the region.
· Must be able to travel regionally 20-40% of the time; international travel may be required.