Our client is a well positioned international hotel brand.
The role will be responsible for developing a commercial strategy covering all segments and channels to maximize total revenue and profit performance as well as market share penetration of the group.
This role directs overall strategy for the region from a company multi brand perspective for sales, marketing, ecommerce and revenue functions. It also provides a functional direction to hotel sales and marketing leaders as well as Global Sales Organisation within the assigned territory. To optimize opportunities through proactive planning and execution of commercial plans and strategies which ultimately stimulate demand for room nights and drive incremental revenues.
The role also oversees the expansion of the brand and standards for new openings across all Hotel brands and liaises on pre-opening budgets and owner relationships.
- Manage and oversee all commercial areas (Sales, Marketing, Ecommerce, Revenue and Distribution)
- Direct management of all Regional Directors of key functions and overall strategy
- Direct management of all Global Sales Teams for assigned area
- Achievement of Budgeted Revenue Goals. Oversee the achievement of revenue targets for hotels within the portfolio
- GSO/GSA Management. Create and maintain an effective network of remote global sales agents to drive business
- Identify and resolve all issues related to business mix and other sales issues.
- To ensure proper pricing, appropriate market segment mix and implementation of sales strategy.
- Key Account Management. Ensure that each sales team fully understands the relative importance and priority of its current account base and manages segments and prioritizes its efforts accordingly.
- Ensure that each sales team is focused on assertively establishing new client contacts and developing detailed information on the potential revenues from these accounts.
- Relationship Management. Build long-term, value-based customer relationships with travel agents, wholesalers and other key industry contacts. Work closely with Marketing, PR and Operational leadership colleagues to successfully position the portfolio in the marketplace.
- Work with the GMs to ensure that each property has the correct sales leadership and structure in place to effectively capture all revenue generating opportunities for that property.
- Ensure that all Sales professionals have the appropriate skills to successfully do their job.
- Trade Shows and Sales Trips. Define and oversee the implementation plans for all coordinated sales efforts affecting multiple properties, particularly in relation to the key sales events of the year. Ensure maximum value for money from the investment.
- Must ensure that all brand standards and values are maintained at all times, by all stakeholders.
- Ensure effective use of revenue management systems/methods to maximize revenue opportunities and achieving RevPar targets.
- Ensure synergy in the use of hotel operating systems, technology and sales practices and the sharing of best practices.
- Develops and facilitates productive and interactive relationships between sales and marketing, public relations, distribution marketing and channel management in the hotels.
- Oversee Global Sales network in conjunction with the assigned Director of Global Sales to provide sales and marketing services to all the assigned sales territory.
- Manages the effectiveness of the sales team through the utilization of their individual strengths and abilities and by supporting their ongoing development and career goals.
- Develops individual plan for identified future leadership / successors.
- International strategic commercial experience of 5+ years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent International degree in Marketing, Business or Commerce MBA is desirable.
- Experience in Marketing of Hotels and Brands at an international and regional level
- Experience with multi-brand entity Geographical/international experience
- Pre-Opening experience preferred
- Has experience participating in an industry task force
- Revenue Management experience in REVPAR and TREVPAR and analytical abilities
- Appreciation of hotel and distribution systems and booking source mix
- Ability to analyse, interpret and extract trends from data
- Display an understanding of the markets
- Demonstrate an affinity with technology
- Establishes goals and objectives and sets performance targets
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Deliver presentations with impact
- Partnership driven
- Time management skills for delivery