Our client is an internationally established multiple brand hotel group and is a market leader with plans to expand within the Asia Pacific region.
This is a Senior role in the hotel group to be based in Shanghai and will oversee a revenue team.
The Senior Director – Asia Pacific is responsible for building and maintaining an effective centralised revenue center for Asia Pacific and is capable of delivering maximum revenues with minimal risks.
The position is accountable for creating, developing, and maintaining the revenue management teams within the center, ensuring teams are equipped with skills and knowledge to maximize revenues, profit and market share.
This role is accountable for driving an engaged and high performing team of cluster revenue managers through the execution of excellent leadership skills as well as driving commercial strategies and plans for the Centre to achieve business objectives.
This incumbent is responsible for the hiring and development of the next generation of leadership, and demonstrates leadership that ensures all aspects of the commercial operation are aligned with the company's Strategic Priorities.
Planning & Organizing
- Create annual plans for area initiatives and hotel activities to ensure aims and objectives are achieve and hotel schedules are realistic
- Directs the cluster revenue management teams to identify opportunities and risks within specific markets and implement initiatives and strategies to maximize revenue
- Recommend, implement and monitor appropriate rate and availability activity responding to short, medium, and long term business needs
- Direct activities in the area of Revenue Management, Business Analysis, Business Operations and Development to ensure activities contribute to the overall success of the area
- Manage the budget allocated within company guidelines
- Deliver effective business analysis and intelligence to the APAC Commercial Leadership, Regions and Hotels in order to develop understanding of the business trends and develop appropriate reactive and proactive initiatives
- Ensure accurate budget and forecast information are prepared on time and to correct standards and effectively communicates to sales and marketing to enable them to develop programs to deliver business to hotels in need periods
- Track impact of activities and communicate with the Sales and Marketing teams to drive future activity
- Implement systems and processes to monitor pricing policies and determine changes to drive performance
- Develop, implement and monitor the necessary business processes that deliver useful, accurate and relevant information for analysis
- Oversee the development of systems and processes for extracting relevant management information from the keysystems in place (OnQ PM, OnQ R&I, IDeaS)
- Implement and monitor processes and systems to ensure that accurate customer information is collected, maintained and made available in order to deliver outstanding customer service and develop relevant sales,marketing and distribution strategies
- Liaise with other Centre Leadership, functional and regional leaders, Hotel Operations and General Managers to understand requirements and business needs from the revenue functions
- Attend and contribute to meetings to deliver information, progress updates and participate in the development of future plans and strategies
- Ensure hotels are kept up to date with system changes and developments
Executing for Results
- Lead negotiations with 3rd party suppliers as and when necessary
- Work closely in partnership with the Regional Commercial Teams, and in close collaboration with the respective Commercial heads in each of the APAC regions & Global Functional Heads
- Work closely in partnership with Global Leadership Teams to ensure global initiatives are implemented and managed properly through to delivery
- Ensure the regional commercial initiatives are planned adequately and managed properly through to delivery
- Ensure that effective processes are in place for the recruitment, induction, training and development of all people in the team
- Identify talents within the Centre and develop them for future increased responsibilities
- Create training and succession plans for all senior positions and direct reports
- Be a coach and mentor to the senior team members
- Drive team performance through clearly focusing effort through objectives and targets. Set clear annual objectives for the Centre and each team member, and proactively manage performance to achieve these objectives
- Ensure that performance is reviewed on a regular basis, recognize and celebrate successes, and refocus efforts where targets are missed
- Address performance issues in a supportive, timely and decisive manner
- Ensure that all people in the team are trained and equipped to excel in their roles
- Ensure that appropriate skill trainings are available to all team members in conjunction with globaltraining programs
- Provide advice, guidance and direction to the team, communicate regularly and monitor performance in a thorough and timely manner
- Ensure the team presents a cohesive, structure approach to their work and maximize revenue potential, whilst effectively applying the company's processes and systems.
- Create a culture that motivates and encourages team members to perform to the best of their ability,minimizing conflict when it occurs.
Building Relationship and Using Influence
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with senior personnel across the company
- Develop strong relationships with key Commercial partners in the region to further strengthen the commercial performance
- Maintain strategic alliances with Global Leadership and Revenue Management Teams
- The role will attend property visits, corporate meetings, budget & forecast reviews as required
- Maintain excellent relations and ensures coordination with the Commercial Services APAC team to enable collective effectiveness
- Proven success in executive communications, multimedia communications strategy, creative content development
- Significant work experience in roles including people management experience
- Proven strong people management experience in a large and complex team structure
- Extensive understanding of APAC markets in order to make recommendations on how to achieve the targets
- Demonstrate big picture thinking and strategic planning capabilities
- Excellent communication skills; presentations, written and public speaking.
- Ability to direct collaboration among cross-functional teams including external resources
- Ability to analyze departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Leads by example to resolve conflicts, introduce change and ensure collaboration amongst others
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behavior and absolute discretion with sensitive information
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem-solving skills in others
- Ability to provide development and mentoring to others
- Budget and management skills
- Ability to work independently and manage the work of others
- Ability to deliver performance feedback to subordinates to improve overall performance
- Ability to motivate, drive and inspire team members
- Proven understanding of client business and category, including business plans and competitive environment
- Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings
- Demonstrate influencing and collaboration skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 10+ years of experience in a multi-cultural or internal settings
- Minimum of seven (7) years of managing enterprise-wide meeting and event related processes, activities, metrics, standards and supplier strategies to achieve business objective
- Excellent in Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal, written), while employing diplomacy with high-level executives and customers within the organization on a global scale.
- Critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytics skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weakness of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem.
- Self-starter, well organized, extremely detail-oriented and an assertive team player, willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work well under pressure and effectively handle concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information