Our client is the global market leader in the data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights for the global hospitality industry.
This role will report into the Regional Director (Singapore) and the office is located in Shinjuku, Tokyo.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for creating, building and retaining relationships with hotel (individual & groups) and industry clients (e.g. brokers, consultants, destinations) across Japan.
You are tasked with growing the engagement and value of the existing business book. Additionally, you will engage prospective clients to subscribe building revenue and a larger client base. This will be achieved through executing a sales plan of active market presence, proactive inquiry and various engagement activities. With an interest in their business success, you will adeptly identify opportunities to change business behaviours to the concept and value of benchmarking and or leveraging market insights. Your connection to industry will be recognized as a thought leader through your communications on market performance.
- Execute business strategy – retaining, growing engagement with existing subscribers and finding new clients which builds a larger client base that delivers greater revenue and data
- Teach the benefits of the concept of benchmarking and market intelligence tied to our product solution
- Present Benchmarking software to clients which is adapted for each client purpose
- Deliver compelling business proposals which are well researched, accurate and meet client needs
- Build relationships with clients across assigned regions, addressing needs and concerns in timely manner
- Provide business reviews, industry presentations to single clients or at industry events
- Build a strong network of hotel representatives and relevant industry stakeholders via in person, media and electronic mediums
- Stay abreast of industry and economic news, trends and topics to aid market understanding and client interactions
- Participate in internal company projects as required
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Work closely with operational business teams (Product support, Data Operations, Finance, and others as needed) for a seamless customer experience
- Create and maintain accurate records regarding customer interactions
- Keep managers informed of client feedback received and how to best action for better future outcomes
- Fluency in Japanese and English a must
- Prior experience in sales or a hospitality revenue management
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Prior experience working within the hospitality industry desired or experience in selling SaaS
- Takes ownership of achieving business sales targets
- Builds rapport, understanding and adopts a consultative sales approach
- Ability to communicate written and oral with people at all levels within an organization including senior executives
- Ability to create long term relationships
- Able to negotiate with clients to achieve mutual objectives
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while prioritizing your workload
- Ability to manage and hit deadlines
- Ability to work well independently, while also contributing to a larger team as needed
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to client questions and concerns
- Ability to adapt to change in a high growth company