Our client is a well established non-profit organisation with multiple offices in the Asia Pacific region.
The Head of Sustainability and Social Responsibility Officer will provide oversight, expertise and leadership for the strategic program development and manage the team to deliver thought leadership and value to key stakeholders.
- Oversees the overall management, execution, and communications of the sustainability program and SSR department.
- Provides people leadership to SSR team members and, where appropriate, engaged consultants
- Provides project management and oversight for projects engaging industry experts.
Program Management Responsibilities:
- Fields new opportunities to demonstrate thought leadership and tangible market impact on various
topics within responsible tourism development including: net zero initiatives, waste reduction/recovery solutions, financial inclusion, SME enablement, destination management, regenerative travel, DEI and others.
- Develops and project manages submissions to secure project work supported by development banks, corporates and others.
- Oversees the overall SSR program for the association in alignment with the strategies and priorities of the organization.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in curating and communicating PATA’s advocacy for responsible tourism development.
- Identifies critical projects relevant to responsible travel development, in alignment mission and
vision, for the association to support and engage on.
- Proposes strategies and projects to address various environmental concerns including energy use,
conservation, reduction of pollution, recycling, building and facility design, and general education on sustainability.
- Maintains and engages a network of industry experts across the various disciplines related to responsible travel and tourism development.
- Drafts and implements sustainable travel industry policies that address environmental concerns.
- Facilitates research projects to address environmental and sustainability concerns, interests, and issues.
- Drafts and prepares reports, presentations, and proposals; presents proposals and recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer, board of directors, and other key stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains appropriate documentation and records including budgets and other financials.
- Prepares documentation required for project funding for various environmental initiatives including proposals and grant applications.
- Assesses and analyzes industry policies and processes to identify areas in and processes to which
improvements can be made in accordance with the organization’s commitment to sustainability.
- Brainstorms and identifies creative ways in which the company can balance business obligations with the goal of respecting, supporting, and improving the local and global environments.
- Identifies and facilitates training as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superlative and creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability practices, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze and understand research and to identify relevant and valuable information. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create, interpret, and execute a budget.
- Presentation skills required to deliver proposals to varying groups of individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Professional certification preferred.
- Three to five years of management experience required.