Our client is an internationally established multiple brand hotel group and is a market leader with plans to expand within the Asia Pacific region.
- Ensures that the outlet operational budget is strictly adhered to and all costs are strictly monitored/controlled.
- To execute menus and meet standard recipes (as per SOPs) which allows the restaurants to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Supervise the performance of the kitchen team members and take appropriate action to correct deficient conditions, behavior and work practices.
- Conduct daily shift briefings for kitchen team members in the absence of senior kitchen management.
- Assist the Head of Department with Team Member performance issues in compliance with resort policies and procedures.
- Assist the Head of Department with recruiting, managing, training and developing Team Members.
§ Assist the Head of Department with setting departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain a sound financial business mind-set, effective decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity, leads by example and always looks for self-improvements.
- Conduct monthly communication meetings, in the absence of the Head of Department, and produce minutes.
- Responsible to do the kitchen monthly inventory assisted by the team member in charge of his section.
- Assist the Director of Culinary in the creation and planning of menus and implement changes to continue to attract business.
- Able to assist with making changes that respond to the marketplace and to guest needs, both present and anticipated.
- Responsible for monitoring food quality and consistency to ensure that the food presented is of the highest standards.
- Supervise and monitor kitchen operations, working with yield testing, product identification and that the proper rotation and labelling is followed accordingly to written guidelines for food produce specifications.
§ Prepares training manual and conducts departmental service training in coordination with Learning and Development Manager.
- Establish minimum/maximum par stock for non-perishable products.
- Establish a monthly walk-through schedule with the Hygiene Manager.
- Create recipes using Procurement program.
- Participate in food tasting sessions.
- Ensure sufficient par levels for operation are always present.
- Have a good understanding of the Resort’s emergency procedures, security and fire regulations related to your department.
- Have knowledge of the department procedures and standards.
- Have knowledge of the Resort, its services, and facilities.
- Handle equipment, tools, keys and supplies in a proper way, kept in good working condition and regularly inspected, following instructions as directed.
- Report any hazardous issues.
- Carry out lost and found procedures.
- Ensure the standards of cleanliness and orderliness of all working areas.
- Liaise with the Chief Steward to ensure the highest standard of kitchen cleanliness is maintained, to seek feedback from all areas regarding the weekly walk-through and follow up closely to ensure that items are addressed in a timely and prompt manner.
- Liaise and work closely with the Chief Steward for pre-planning and execution of delivery and cleanliness of equipment.
- Check all machinery, ensure proper maintenance and usage of the equipment, and follow up with Engineering on work order forms.
Misuse of equipment should be reported and disciplinary action should be taken.
- Attend monthly departmental meeting and communicate with the team. Follow up on projects assigned if any.
- Execute project management including research of equipment, materials, supplies and methods, sourcing and negotiating with qualified suppliers or contractors, reviewing contracts, and quality control during all stages of the project.
- Conduct daily spot checks and monitor all food items ordered by the kitchen to ensure all items are utilized completely to avoid wastage.
- Work closely with receiving and stores to ensure that goods received are of the highest standard and meets resort specifications.
- Constantly assess freshness, presentation and temperature of food served.
- Ensure all equipment is hygienically stored in its designated area.
- Ensure that all perishable items are stored quickly and efficiently.
- Record and submit monthly On-the-Job Training hours to the Director of Culinary
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with Team Members, supervisors and managers.
- To continually improve product through obtaining feedback from guests.
- Uphold values of Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect, when undertaking any tasks and in any internal and external interactions.
- The Resort requires that you perform any task deemed necessary by the General Manager / Hotel Manager for the efficient running of the Culinary Department specifically and the Resort in general
- Professional Certificate in a Culinary related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in the Culinary industry (resort or a free-standing restaurant) in a similar position, preferably in a reputable establishment or celebrity chef restaurant.
- Proficient in written and conversational English.
- Prior work experience in 5-star luxury resort.
- Accustomed to and comfortable with media exposure.
- Pre-opening experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive at work with essential components of service excellence such as team work, flexibility and responsibility.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work non-shift duties.