Our client is a regional leader in the high end luxury co-working space. They have been inspired by the demand for a more holistic space in which to conduct business – the desire for somewhere to gather, create and innovate rather than merely get things done. Because beyond productivity, work is also about new conversations, connections, inspiration, contemplation and repose. Our client is designed to be the perfect backdrop to the highlights of life happening.
As a General Manager, your role is to own the Singapore P&L and the members’ experience. You will deliver these results by inspiring a large frontline team of committed hospitality, operations, and sales people; by working closely with cross-functional leaders on our marketing, sales, product and operations team; and by being an active contributor to the leadership team.
You will play a critical role in strategising, executing and leading our Singapore team and play a key role in defining our company strategy, culture, and operating approach across almost every facet of our business.
A successful General Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all strategic and tactical matters relating to sales, budget management and growth strategy are managed well to maximise productivity, and efficiency, to create an engaged team and highly satisfied members.
The General Manager will report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
Spearhead Sales and Business Development
- Engage in pre-sales of our office space during pre-opening phase, and manage the local sales team to achieve 100% occupancy and maintain occupancy
- Define key sales strategies for Singapore, budgets required to deliver results, and drive successful execution to achieve the results
- Be familiar with lease negotiation, documentation, and administration including preparation of sales reports, financials, and operational challenges on a monthly basis
- Monitor and direct response to the external environment to capitalise on new opportunities and address competitive or economic challenges
Direct with Charisma and Lead the Team
- Be the ambassador for Singapore and effectively communicate the vision and rationale behind business decisions
- Lead a team of Centre Managers in Singapore to deliver on network goals (P&L, customer satisfaction and experience quality goals)
- Develop a culture of excellence in hospitality and sales, and develop future leaders through coaching, performance management, and hiring
- Appoint and manage third-party consultants related to sales and operations
Build our Brand, Presence, and Growth
- Report on and take action against key performance metrics, including, but not limited to: Net Promoter Score, Revenue and Profit vs. targets, Performance against Hospitality Standards, operational consistency and compliance with local regulations and practices
- Lead the development and refinement of the network strategy, guidelines and systems, in collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and execute strategy for user acquisition, customer engagement, retention, and win-back strategies
- Ideate and implement product improvements and innovations
- A Bachelor/Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years of proven leadership and and a track record of exceeding sales targets and the ability to inspire large teams to produce exceptional results
- Strong financial planning and analysis skills, along with strong commercial acumen are required in order to manage a P&L in a high growth environment
- Excellent problem solver under conditions of uncertainty/ambiguity
- Track record of innovating or materially improving a business rapidly or with limited resources
- High degree of comfort working in a team with other executives
- Strong management and coaching skills, with comfort overseeing the hiring and development of Singapore teams
- Passion and energy for leading teams, and creating exceptional customer experiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to organise, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results under tight deadlines
- Able to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong technical aptitude and analytical skills
- Must be team oriented and be able to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Have impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Find it easy to bridge corporate and start-up culture
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding requirements and expectations