Our client is a world renowned international brand and is well established in Sri Lanka. They are market leaders in the luxury hotels & resorts arena.
As the Director of Sales 2 properties with one in pre-opening stages, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- To work collaboratively with the country focused commercial, sales and marketing teams to build property specific sales and marketing strategy and take accountability for leveraging their support for your properties. Taking personal accountability for sales activation of international leisure markets that pose an opportunity for your properties.
- To assess changing demand patterns from key markets and evolve strategies that change our approach within a specific market or update the broader international mix to optimize international revenue performance.
- To entertain existing and potential customers, primarily with the intention of building property relationships with key customers, positioning the property at the highest level through an outstanding property experience, additionally to build sales relationships whilst travelling to key feeder markets.
- Optimize retail revenues through setting retail strategy inclusive of channel and pricing with the Cluster Revenue Manager. Supporting the CRM with clarity in key inbound market demand periods.
- To lead property business focused meetings and actively participate in sales meetings, developing and adjusting sales account and pricing strategy inclusive of creation of any required sales campaigns.
- To attend major international travel, trade and corporate functions to network, build existing and create new sales relationships to promote the hotel and grow revenues.
- To assist in creating a high level of exposure for the hotel through direct sales solicitation, telephone contact and written communication, facilitating customer site inspections and travelling internationally for key sales engagements such as trade shows and sales meetings with key customers.
- Support the CRM and Commercial Director – Sri Lanka in building accurate forecast outlooks.
- Collaboration with the property General Manager and operations team to drive creativity in our international customer experiences that will support your sales conversion.
- To follow the established hotel policies and procedures when signing contracts on behalf of the Commercial Department.
- To prepare monthly commercial reporting based on property performance.
- To create and maintain a database of all accounts – including Delphi system.
- Be responsible to include the resort in the consortia programs. Conduct webinar, monitor contents, launch marketing opportunity to maximize the production and the ROI of each of them.
- To work closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- To be aware of community, business, political and social factors that may affect the hotel’s financial performance.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in International Leisure Sales or a similar position.
- Luxury or Full service or Safari Hotel / Resort experience.
- Proficient level of written and verbal English.
- Useful to have strong capability in Microsoft Office and Delphi software
- Positive attitude and good communications skills.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Excellent selling capabilities.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Expertise international Leisure market.
- Commitment to travel to international source markets