our client is a leading travel service provider with over 50 years history, with a wealth of experience and expertise in providing a full range of travel products. We supply our travel agent partners across Asia with tailor-made and package tours, MICE services in a host of worldwide destinations, backed by expert teams in a host of key locations.
Over the years, we have established strong, lasting relationships with multiple suppliers and business partners – helping us obtain the best possible rates and superb support for tours. Throughout, we have adapted to changes, responding to market demands by developing our staff and adopting advanced technologies – and we continue doing so. If you are someone who could manage changing challenges, this could be a good opportunity for you.
- To provide strong leadership and management of Asia’s operations focusing in particular on change initiatives to improve operational efficiency and profitability;
- This role will work with Asia Management and other regional leaders to ensure compliance with all our clients policies and internal controls, provide direct or indirect management oversight for its teams across the region;
- To be responsible for managing operational aspects of a land operator business;
- Managing Operation, Quotation, Hotel Reservation teams across Asia offices;
- To drive business optimization through implementing end-to-end business processes and drawing upon best practices from within the region and elsewhere within the Group, as well as providing strong people leadership for a growing team;
- Key responsibilities include; business operations, reporting & measurement, defining and implementing policies and processes, planning and budgeting, working closely within Asia to drive optimal resourcing and revenue strategies for the business, and partnering with the Sales teams to implement constructive strategies to retain existing business and grow revenue and profitability;
- Provide support to the Asia Sales team to build a strong Company Culture within, with a business model and team in place that is able to provide longer term sustainable, profitable growth;
- To perform human resource objective by recruiting, orienting, training, coaching, and disciplining employees within the unit;
- Meeting forecasting cost requirements; preparing annual budget, reviewing office budget from time to time;
- Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent, MBA would be advantageous.
- At least 15 years of increasingly diverse or complex experience, of which 10 years at management level.
- Experience in logistic and/or travel industry is preferred.
- Strong track record in developing and managing organization's operations to meet business objectives and strategies.
- Ability to explore, understand and integrate complicated business processes, financial metrics, and organizational systems and structures.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership ability.
- Possesses the ability to work cross-functional, team oriented and collaborative, yet can also provide individual contributor value.
- Demonstrated understanding of a P&L and the financial complexities of a global travel/land operator industry.
- Proven influence without authority skills; demonstrated ability to negotiate and give feedback upwards and across the organization.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Deep knowledge of backend operational systems and inherent integration complexities.
- Ability to holistically evaluate processes to determine necessity for short-term fixes vs. long-term investments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and adapt across country/cultural boundaries.
- Outstanding people leadership skills – a track record in attracting, developing, coaching, nurturing and retaining talent.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Chinese/Mandarin.