Our client is one of the world's largest and most dynamic hotel groups with multiple distinctive brands and more than 1,600 hotels in operation and under development worldwide.
This will be a corporate APAC level role reporting into the VP Brand Strategy with dotted lines to Marketing & Communications positions within the region.
The Director, PR and Communications, Asia Pacific will be
based in the Singapore Office, and will undertake the role to drive strategy
formulation and execution to shape the overall business strategy which includes
elevating corporate reputation and driving our brands' share of voice.
- Support the VP Brand Strategy, Guest Experience, PR & Comms Asia Pacific in all matters relating to APAC's PR and Communications
- Development and planning of the regional external brand and communications strategy in support of the company’s business objectives and priorities
- Strategically increasing the group's share of voice in the media through various key public relations initiatives not limiting to hotel openings, signings, executive visits and other company milestones
- Provide strategic counsel on crisis communications and reputation management issues confronted at hotel and corporate level
As the Director you must ensure that all initiatives and goals are aligned and support the broader 5-year plan. The geographical scope of work APAC.
- Develop and execute the regional external communications strategy for APAC in line with overall company strategy
- Provide strategic support to APAC leadership team and other business partners on internal/ external communication and act as an advisor for spokespeople in the region
- Partner closely with the global corporate communications and consumer PR teams to ensure alignment of key messages, and provide consultation and education from an APAC perspective
- Lead APAC's in-country PR & Comms teams and manage the company’s network of PR agencies to ensuring brand guidelines and key messages are consistent
- Develop an effective owner's communication plan that grows and strengthens our owner relations including a robust Business Development ‘Go To Market’ plan
- Provide communication leadership to manage corporate reputation issues and crises as they arise
- Defining and managing external events such as owner events, brand launches, signings, and other company milestones
- Provide strategic counsel on new hotel opening public relations programs
- Develop a proactive and reactive influencer engagement strategy
- Articulate and professional verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Passionate, creative individual
- Highly effective team leader, with a proven track record in managing multi-country teams, and a team player
- Experience advising C-suite executives on media relations and issues management
- Proven ability to manage and gain alignment across highly complex and matrix organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work to align with company’s and department’s initiative
- Good understanding of the communication, PR and social media networks and requirements within APAC including China and India
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
- Strengths in structured and logical thinking, problem solving, issue resolution, and attention to detail
- Autonomy and high feeling of responsibility
- Ability to travel, if required